Our USTA men and ladies leagues have started back up with WTTA to follow soon.
Good luck to all our teams! Our Pre/HP and HP players have been representing Polo well on the courts. With all the teams back in session the club has been bustling with excitement. Now if we can just get rid of this cold weather!
See you around the club,
* MEN’S DOUBLES LEAGUE: Starts Wednesday, February 7th.
* MONDAY MIXED DOUBLES: Started January 29th! Runs for 6 weeks! Thanks to all that are playing! If you would like to be on the sub list let Suzy know.
* FITNESS CENTER REMINDERS:
- NO Pets allowed in the gym
- NO Kids under the age of 16 allowed in the gym without an adult.
- ALL guest must be checked in at the front desk before entering the gym.
* VALENTINE’S MIXER at POLO: Friday, February 9th. See details below.
* COURT RESERVATIONS: Please reserve a court if planning on coming out to play. With the ladies leagues starting back up court availability is limited during
* BALL MACHINE: 1 Hour Rental/$15.00 .. 1 year Rental/ $150.00.. Please reserve by calling front desk. The ball machine is very popular at the moment so please reserve and check in at front desk before using.
VALENTINE’S MIXER AT POLO
VALENTINE’S DAY MIXER
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH
6:30PM to 8:30PM Tennis
8:30 to 9:30pm Social
BEER, WINE, & PIZZA
ROSES FOR THE LADIES
COST: $35/ per person
$55/ per couple
Play will consist of mixed doubles, ladies doubles, and men’s doubles
RSVP by THURSDAY FEBRUARY 8TH
Polo Junior Open February 17th and 18th
LIMITED COURT AVAILABILITY THIS WEEKEND! PLEASE CALL AHEAD
HIGH PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS
LUCY & IRELAND JAYCI & GABBY KAITO & PARTNER
GARY SHELLY- PERSONAL TRAINER
Exercise intensity counts!
The term intensity has several meanings depending on the type of exercise you do, but basically it describes how hard you work. With aerobic exercise, intensity can be measured by heart rate. For optimal fat burning you should exercise at a level hard enough to raise your heart rate to 70-85 % of your max….220-age. In short, you burn more total fat calories at higher intensities!
This is why interval training is so effective. By raising then lowering your heart you are forcing your body to take longer to recover. Too many times people come to the gym and do the same routine your body is used to. We must force an adaptation.
So the next time you’re on the treadmill, try mixing it up. Go fast, then walk, go fast again, go slow, walk on an incline. If this is new your body will be forced to adapt. Even better, mix in strength training with your cardio. Need help with what types of intervals to try? Call me or see me in the gym. Schedule a free fitness consultation and postural evaluation!
Yours in health!
Gary Shelly, Polo Club Trainer
A big thanks to our Sponsors. If your company is interested in marketing your company on our courts, please contact Anders for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
Pilates classes will be offered on Wednesday’s from 10:30-11:30 upstairs in the
Fitness Studio with Denise Evans
* Class price: $15
* Members and non members welcome
* Starting first week of May
To sign up contact us at 512-829-4340
CERTIFICATE FOR A MASSAGE
Are you aware that we have one of the top Masseuse in Austin here at the Polo Club? She specializes in deep massage therapy and sports injuries healing. Her name is Terra Bourguignon. To have an incredible experience, please use this special coupon for a $10.00 discount for your first massage. Try it!! You will like it!! To make an appointment contact Terra on her cell: 208-585-8742.
COME AND CHECK OUT THE PRO SHOP