GARY SHELLY- PERSONAL TRAINER
What Are the Symptoms of Heat-Related Illnesses?
Heat cramp symptoms can include:
- Severe, sometimes disabling, cramps that typically begin suddenly in the hands, calves, or feet
- Hard, tense muscles
Heat exhaustion requires immediate attention.
can occur suddenly, without any symptoms of heat exhaustion. If a person is experiencing any symptoms of heat exhaustion or heat stroke
, GET MEDICAL CARE IMMEDIATELY. Any delay could be fatal. Seek emergency medical care for anyone who has been in the heat and who has the following symptoms:
- Confusion, anxiety, or loss of consciousness
- Very rapid or dramatically slowed heartbeat
- Rapid rise in body temperature that reaches 104 degrees to 106 degrees F
- Either drenching sweats accompanied by cold, clammy skin (which may indicate heat exhaustion) or a marked decrease in sweating accompanied by hot, flushed, dry skin (which may indicate heat stroke)
- Any other heat-related symptom that is not alleviated by moving to a shady or air-conditioned area and administering fluids and salts.
Please stay hydrated this summer! We have shade, ice, water, sports drinks, and cooling towels available, take advantage!
Polo Club Trainer